India will have a billion mobile phone subscribers, soon. And several more devices form factors will enhance workforce productivity. Mobile technology in its various perceptible forms, is reshaping almost every aspect of society from business and leisure, to public and enterprise services, and to wellness and learning.
This is such a source of strength for us that we apply our ‘mobile’ expertise to almost every project we do, whether it's helping a healthcare company locate manufacturers for accessories, or a consumer appliance design on designing for new experiences. Our physical design work involvement typically extends from pre-architecture to ODM troubleshooting and ramp up support - Product strategy based on ethnographic research, System level mechanical phone design, custom display and touch panel development and manufacture, manage major components and sub-assemblies during design cycle, mechanical part design for double shot plastics, sheetmetal and Die-castings, Class A Product Surface Design including Colours, Materials and Finishes (CMF), Escutcheon design, engineer all internal core features, hinge / cartridge hard points, flip flex + RF Coax cable routing, tooling Design liaison, DFMA, Tolerance Analysis, Root cause analysis and Supplier NPI issues, and negotiation of supplier contracts.
In the past decade, we've worked with top wireless networks, and cell phones, data storage devices, medical, and military device brands, functioning as both ‘ID-MD [Industrial Design - Mechanical Design]’ and UX consultants, for,
- Visual Identity via ID and UX for an upcoming Indian brand, interfacing with smartphone ODM in China
- User research, platform and device strategy, and visual identity via Industrial Design for a large technology brand
- ID and MD for new smartphone for India
- Low cost tablets
- Low cost computing devices for education
- Strategy, ID and MD for Ultra-rugged modular enterprise handhelds
- Several smartphone applications for personal productivity and wellness